Business culture awareness training inclusions for trade in Indonesian, South Korean, Japanese and Middle Eastern business cultures
Sell your business and yourself better with the aid of professional cultural capability coaching. Reduce the cost of dealing with unexpected and unexplained issues that use your time and money when entering a new international market for your business.
Our professional export coaches conduct a preliminary consultation to understand the goals and needs of your business. Then we assess your business’ current cultural capability for the market you are in (or wish to enter). Once we determine your current state, we work with your business and staff to help you do business like a local.
Put your best foot forward and develop strong business relationships in Eastern Asian countries and the Middle East.
Cultural awareness coaching inclusions:
- Preliminary assessment of cultural capability & business goals
- Practice session for business meetings
- Customised learning tools
- Attendance at client events
- Advisory feedback in areas for potential improvement
- Weekly meetings & checkpoints
Professional coaching for Asian cultural capability
Designed for individual business people or management teams who:
- take proactive stand to ensure they are putting their best foot forward.
- maintain high standard of professionalism operating between two or more cultures.
- are able to travel to progress a high-level trade opportunity.
- want to develop strong business relationships overseas.
- maintain a successful export strategy with Asian countries.
Put your best foot forward and develop strong business relationships in Eastern Asian countries and the Middle East with professional export strategy coaching
Develop cultural capabilities to develop strong business relationships and maintain a successful export strategy with Asian countries.
Our aim as professional coaches is to help you develop and maintain a high standard of professionalism operating between two or more cultures.
Learn how cultural differences can lead to lost opportunities and impact business interactions.